This is the official Privacy Statement of all members of the Wesfarmers Industrial & Safety group of companies operating in New Zealand, including Wesfarmers Industrial & Safety NZ Limited trading as Workwear Group New Zealand, NZBN 9429040480893, (referred to here as "we", "our", "us") and it applies to all personal information we collect.
By providing personal information to us, you confirm that you have reviewed this Statement and consent to the collection and use of your personal information as specified.
This Statement explains:
· how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information (including credit-related information) about our customers, suppliers (and their employees) and people who apply for employment with us;
· your rights to access and correct that information or make a complaint about our handling of personal information.
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual (and regardless of the form of the information, and regardless of whether it is true or not).
We may amend this Statement at any time by posting the updated version on this page.
2. What types of personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information if it is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The types of personal information we collect will depend on the reason for collection. Generally, the information we collect about customers includes name, mailing and/or physical address, delivery address, phone number, bank account, credit and billing information, e-mail addresses, records of communications with us. We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and purchasing preferences, interests and favourites.
Financial information that is collected via our website is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any bank account and credit card numbers that are collected are collected for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer and are securely held.
We also collect personal information about:
· suppliers and their employees. This information is collected for business-related purposes but contains some limited personal information of the contact details of the people that we deal with ; and
· job applicants (including names, addresses, contact details, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees). We will collect this information directly from organisations that provide recruitment related services to us and from third parties who provide job applicants with professional or personal references.
We may not be able to provide our products or services, or make offers to you without your personal information. Wherever possible, we give you the option of interacting anonymously with us, if practicable and lawful to do so, but in this situation we may not be able to provide you with the full range of products and services available.
Information collected through website:
When you visit our website or interact with us online we may obtain and collect personalised information that you disclose to us:
· through our website (for example when you identify yourself if completing on-line registration forms or entering competitions on our website);
· when you interact with us online, including through our website or through social media platforms (including but not limited to our Facebook or LinkedIn page or any other social media platforms we use); or
· when you mention us or our goods or services on those social media platforms. If you don't identify yourself in these forums then the information collected in these circumstances will generally be non-personalised information.
In addition, we may collect non-personalised information using server logs and through cookies (small text files sent from a website and stored on your computer's/device's browser which allow servers to identify and interact with your device) used by us or by our third party service providers (such as Google through Google Analytics) and Facebook who provide analytical services in relation to our website through cookies and other means. In particular when you visit our site to read, browse or download information, our system will generally record/log IP addresses (the address which identifies a computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), the type of internet browsers used, date and time of visits to our site, the site from which people linked to our website, screen resolution, general geographical information (e.g. country, state, city), the landing webpage and exit webpage, the pages viewed and any information downloaded.
This information (and our cookies and the third party cookies referred to above) will be used for the purposes of site analysis, to help us offer an improved online service, maintaining the continuity of a browsing session (e.g. to maintain an online transaction) and remembering your details and preferences when you return, and to enable advertisements for our goods and services to be placed when our website and certain third party websites are visited by users who have previously visited our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website. We will not merge your personal information with non-personally identifiable information.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of sites that are linked to our website and we recommend you review the privacy policies or statements published on those sites.
3. How we collect and hold personal information
We collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. In particular, we collect personal information when individuals:
· purchase products or services from us
· visit our website and fill in an on-line registration form or send us a written communication;
· interact with us on social media in a manner which identifies them;
· contact our customer service team; or
· enter competitions or other arrangements with us.
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you correspond or register your details with us, enter into arrangements with us, or provide feedback to us. Depending on the nature of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information from third parties. We will also, from time to time, collect personal information from our related companies, credit insurers, credit reporting bodies or (where you consent) your accountants or professional advisers. We hold personal information electronically and, in some cases, in hard-copy form both at our own secure premises and with the assistance of service providers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from loss, misuse or unauthorised access by ensuring it is held on secure servers in controlled facilities and that information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
4. Why we collect, hold and use personal information
We may use personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our goods and services, including administration of our goods and services), or for purposes related to the primary purpose where it would reasonably be expected that we would use the information in such a way, or in other limited circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
We collect, hold and use personal information to:
· provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
· source products for sale, transport products and ensure our suppliers comply with our sourcing policies;
· open trading accounts, process transactions, credit applications, credit checks and collect monies owing to us;
· better understand the needs of our customers and tell you about changes to our products and services;
· conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our products and services and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you;
· to communicate with you, including providing you with safety data sheets where relevant; responding to your feedback, queries and complaints; and notifying you of safety alerts and product recalls;
· enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
· undertake and administer trade shows, surveys, promotions, competitions, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
· issue marketing and direct marketing communications to you about our products and services, offers and opportunities (including competitions) unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications;
· manage our branches, supply arrangements and inventory and administer our website;
· recruit and assess potential employees;
· maintain and update our records;
· enable third party service providers to provide us and our related companies with services such as information technology, credit checking and debt collection, marketing, auditing, legal advice, printing and mailing services;
· investigate feedback and complaints; or
· where required or permitted by law, or where we think it is required as part of an investigation, on health or safety grounds.
When we request your information we may give more specific details about the way we use or disclose your information.
5. Why we disclose personal information
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. We may disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected or for purposes related to the primary purpose where it would reasonably be expected that we would use the information in such a way. We are permitted to disclose personal information in circumstances set out in the Privacy Act (including but not limited to disclosures to our related companies).
Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
· our related companies;
· our advisers (including our accountants, auditors and lawyers);
· our service providers and professional advisers, including auditors, legal advisers, IT service providers, delivery companies, advertising service providers, print and mail houses, recruitment firms, debt recovery providers, credit reporting bodies and other companies who are responsible for parts of our product or service delivery;
· suppliers and manufacturers;
· payment system operators and financial institutions; or
· regulatory or government agencies.
Occasionally we may disclose your personal information to organisations located overseas, for example where:
· we use service providers (including providers of cloud computing solutions or data storage and processing services in which case information may be stored on computer servers located outside of New Zealand);
· we, or our related bodies corporate have offices overseas;
· you have requested a product or service that involves an international element;
· we must do so to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
· an international payment has been made.
6. Accessing and correcting personal information and privacy questions and complaints
You can request access to personal information held by us or that personal information be corrected by contacting us at the address below.
To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. A fee will not be charged for an access request, but you may be charged the reasonable expenses we incur (such as search and copying costs). If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us (in accordance with the Privacy Act), then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
If you have a question about our Privacy Statement or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Workwear Group New Zealand
15-16 Omega St,
Rosedale, Auckland 0632
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone: +64 9 414 7010
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO BOX 10094, Wellington 6143
Phone: 0800 803 909